Schoology: Parent Questions and Answers - Schoology training session - March 2020
How do I log in to Schoology?
- Use your HKIS online systems Username and Password to log in to Schoology. The same one as used with Dragonnet and Power School. https://schoology.hkis.edu.hk
Do I require a separate Schoology account from my child?
- Yes, all parents have their own Schoology account.
I see nothing in Schoology, no course or grade information?
- Parents are not members of courses or groups. You need to first select one a child to see course and group content.
Does Schoology shut down at 6 pm or turn off at night?
- Schoology is accesible 24 / 7.
- Quizzes and Tests may close dependant on Due date/time settings.
Can the order of the “Grades” page be change? Can I get the recent ones at the top?
- No, the order of content present on the ‘Grades’ page remains set by the system.
What do the four boxes next to the grade mean?
- The blue/grey Rubric icon is a button that will open a rubric to present an assignment’s grading information.
What does the ‘Overdue’ section mean?
- The overdue section provides an indication that a student has not submitted an item into a submission box as per an assignment expectation. This is an automated response from the submission system.
What can I do if my child is “missing” a grade on the Grades page? Can this be changed if the work is submitted?
- Yes, once the child has submitted work, the teacher can amend the Grades information.
If there is a discrepancy between what the Grades page is presenting and what your child is saying, please contact the teacher directly.
Can I get a weekly email digest of my child’s activity?
- Yes, you can set up notification preferences within Schoology to set a weekly update email or SMS summary communication.
Does the desktop/laptop browser version of Schoology provide the same information as the App?
- The App contains most of the content but not everything. The browser version contains all available information.
Can I use the browser on my mobile phone, instead of the app, to access Schoology?
- Yes, via any browser on your mobile device. Go to https://schoology.hkis.edu.hk
What are the major systems that I need to check as a parent?
- Schoology for all term-time course-related content, communication, and grading.
- PowerSchool for Family details / Forms / End of Semester report cards.