Back to School Night is a yearly tradition that gives parents and opportunity to meet their child's teachers and learn more about what their child will be learning. During the 2021/22 Academic Year we hosted Back to School Night (BTSN) virtually and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. Back to School Night (BTSN) will once again be virtual.
- You will need to goto PowerSchool to access the schedule for the evening.
- If you cannot login to PowerSchool at https://hkis.powerschool.com please try the following:
- Use an "incognito window"
- Email our Technology Department for assistance - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you can access PowerSchool prior to the event so there is time for us to help youj if you are having issues.
- You can find video instructions on how to find your individual parent schedule below
ACCESSING INDIVIDUAL PARENT SCHEDULE
Each class period will be 10 minutes long (with a 5 minute passing time between sessions) and will be hosted by your child's teacher. You will learn a little about your child's teacher and their approaches to teaching and learning. They will also provide you their contact information so that you can follow up at a later date with any questions or concerns that are particular to your child.
In addition to your child’s classes, you will also have the opportunity to meet your child’s PCG teacher. PCG is an important part of our program as it gives your child a place to build community with other peers and get to know another adult in the building outside of regular classes. The PCG teacher is one of the adults in the school who will get to know your child very well. They are an important part of our student support and well-being.